The Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP™) Certification Course is a divorce mortgage planning training program designed to prepare you to become an integral member of the professional divorce team. How to identify appropriate mortgage financing and real estate strategies for divorcing clients while recognizing potential hurdles or opportunities with regards to potential tax or legal concerns as they pertain to real estate and divorce.
Program Structure & Breakdown
Introduction to the Divorce Market
Grasp a thorough understanding of the divorce process while becoming a financial neutral in Alternative Dispute Resolution, how to work with high conflict clients, and becoming an effective expert witness.
- Lesson 1: The Divorce Process
- Lesson 2: Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Lesson 3: Becoming an Expert Witness
Family Law & Real Estate
Apply your knowledge and understanding of real estate and mortgage financing as they intersect with the various aspects of family law in a divorce situation.
- Lesson 1: Equitable Distribution & Community Property
- Lesson 2: Dividing Real Estate in a Divorce
- Lesson 3: Transferring Ownership of Real Property
- Lesson 4: Types of Property in the Marriage
Tax Law & Divorce with Real Estate
Learn to recognize important tax implications divorcing clients face and how to help set them up for success post-divorce.
- Lesson 1: Importance of Basis & Other Tax Concerns
- Lesson 2: Mortgage Interest Deduction & Divorce
- Lesson 3: Retirement Accounts & Divorce
- Lesson 4: Support Income
- Lesson 5: Selling the Marital Home
Divorce & Real Estate
Work with divorcing sellers and buyers while avoiding common legal pitfalls.
- Lesson 1: Working with Sellers & Buyers
- Lesson 2: Protecting Your License
Mortgage Planning & Divorce
Apply ethical lending standards in Divorce Mortgage Planning.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Equity Buy-Out and Real Property Disposition.
- Lesson 2: Ethics & Fair Lending in Divorce Mortgage Planning
- Lesson 3: Income and Liabilities
- Lesson 4: Credit & Documentation
- Lesson 5: Home Equity Solutions in Divorce
CDLP Certification Exam
Building and Structuring Your Divorce Mortgage Planning Practice