Education. Resources. Community.
The Divorce Lending Association (DLA) stands as the only association dedicated to bridging a critical gap in the divorce process. It is a hub of specialized expertise for all family law professionals seeking strategic solutions and access to resources and education.
The DLA recognized this gap and established itself as the go-to resource for professionals and invidiuals seeking guidance in navigating mortgage and financial aspects during and after divorce. Our mission is to create a collaborative environment where insights and expertise are shared for the betterment of our clients navigating through divorce, where real property and mortgage financing are present.
The DLA doesn't just provide a membership card; it equips members with comprehensive tools and resources to support their practice. It's a community where professionals from all fields can come together to learn, grow, and ultimately provide a more comprehensive service to their clients.
Our association recognizes the intricate challenges faced during divorce proceedings, especially when it comes to handling real estate and mortgage concerns. By fostering this unique partnership, we aim to enhance the support and guidance we offer to those undergoing one of life’s most challenging transitions.
The DLA isn't just about membership; it's about making a tangible difference in the lives of divorcing clients.
As the only divorce mortgage and real estate association, membership offers a range of benefits, including the opportunity to build a strong brand, foster collaboration, and influence industry practices. This unique status positions the association as a valuable resource for family law professionals, leading to more favorable client outcomes and a more comprehensive case management approach.
Membership with the Divorce Lending Association offers several benefits, including:
- Education and Resources:
- Members will benefit from ongoing education and resources.
- Quarterly live educational webinars on divorce mortgage planning strategies and case studies help members stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and the latest tools and techniques.
- Members will also gain access to on-demand classes and resources.
- Additionally, many of these resources offer Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and Continuing Education (CE) credits to attorneys, mediators, financial professionals, and others in the industry.
- For example:
- Integrating Divorce Mortgage Planning into Your Financial Case Management | 4 Hours Dual Credit Available for CFP® and CDFA® Designations. (Available separately to non-members for $79)
- For example:
- Access to Specialized Expertise:
- Joining the association allows professionals to tap into the expertise of other members. This is particularly valuable when dealing with simple to complex divorce cases that involve real estate, mortgages, and other financial aspects.
- Members can benefit from the collective knowledge and experience of their peers.
- Referral Opportunities:
- Being part of the association can lead to referral opportunities from other members and consumer direct inquiries. Fellow members are likelier to refer individuals needing divorce-related matters to other association members.
- The Divorce Lending Association receives many direct consumer inquiries searching for divorce professionals in their area.
- Access to Industry Updates:
- Members receive timely information about changes in laws, regulations, and market trends that impact divorces involving real property and mortgage financing.
- Staying informed is crucial for providing the best possible service to clients, ensuring compliance with legal requirements, and adapting to market shifts.
- Directory Listing:
- Membership includes a directory listing, which enhances online visibility and improves search engine rankings. This listing in a reputable directory can help potential clients find and connect with members more easily.
- Divorce Mortgage Planning Journal Subscription:
- Members receive a subscription to the Divorce Mortgage Planning Journal, a bi-monthly publication. This journal offers strategies, resources, and case studies to assist with divorce, real property, and mortgage planning matters. It serves as a valuable resource for staying informed and enhancing expertise in this specialized field.
- VIEW SAMPLE ISSUE
Overall, membership in the Divorce Lending Association provides professionals with a comprehensive support system, valuable resources, networking opportunities, and the opportunity to better serve divorcing clients with real property and mortgage planning needs.
Additional benefits may include guest appearances on the Divorce Literacy Podcast at www.divorcepodcast.com, article submissions for the Divorce Mortgage Planning Journal, and other business development opportunities.
Who can join?
The Divorce Lending Association welcomes professionals from various fields involved in the divorce process or who actively work with couples facing divorce, separation, or other marital concerns. These professionals commonly include:
- Family Law Professionals
- Financial Services Professionals
- Mediation Services
- Valuation, Title, and Real Estate Services
- Mental Health and Coaching Professionals
- Insurance and Long-Term Care Professionals
Mortgage professionals seeking membership with the Divorce Lending Association must be Certified Divorce Lending Professionals (CDLP®).
Real Estate Professionals seeking membership with the Divorce Lending Association must be sponsored by a CDLP®, must be passionate about learning and serving divorcing homeowners, and must successfully complete the DLA Divorce Workshop for Real Estate Professionals.
Membership Fee: $249 Annually