What You Will Learn
The CDLP® Certification covers a comprehensive range of topics, including:
- Divorce Principals: Understand the 5-phases of the divorce timeline along with the different types of divorce while taking a neutral approach in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) including mediation and the collaborative process, working with high conflict clients, and other divorce principals that directly impact divorce, real property, and mortgage financing including your preparation as a Expert Witness under Fed. Rules of Civil Procedure 702.
- Divorce Law and Mortgage Lending: Apply your knowledge of the legal aspects of real property and divorce mortgage planning as they intersect with the various aspects of family law in a divorce situation. Identify overlooked implications of a divorce judgement and the impact on real property. Assist in crafting solutions and strategies empowering divorcing clients and their professional divorce team to make more informed decisions with long-term success.
- Financial and Tax Strategies: Recognize the financial and legal intricacies of divorce-related mortgage transactions, all while understanding various IRS tax rules and financial planning strategies that directly impact divorcing homeowners seeking mortgage financing. This knowledge equips you to collaborate more effectively with the divorce team on behalf of your clients while creating strategic options and solutions for unique divorce situations.
- Mortgage Financing Strategies: Divorce Mortgage Planning is much broader than understanding underwriting guidelines. Learn to navigate the complexities of mortgage financing during divorce, addressing issues such as equalization payments, QDRO funds, 72(t) distributions, support income, property division, creative strategies for the structure of unique equity buyout situations and more.
- Client Communication and Negotiation Strategies: Develop effective communication strategies to collaborate seamlessly with divorcing clients, attorneys, and other professionals involved in the process.
- Marketing and Business Development: Discover the art of marketing your expertise and cultivating a thriving divorce mortgage planning practice, complete with exclusive divorce mortgage planning tools that the divorce team actively seeks.
- Ethical Considerations: Explore the ethical responsibilities incumbent upon a divorce lending specialist.
- Case Studies and Practical Application: Learn how to apply mortgage options and solutions to real-world scenarios, enabling divorcing clients and their professional divorce team to make informed decisions about their divorce mortgage options.
Your Path to Certification
Our CDLP® Certification program is designed to accommodate your busy schedule. You can complete the coursework online, at your own pace or opt for a live, in-person workshop. Additionally, our supportive community of certified professionals is always ready to help you succeed.
- Online: The CDLP® eLearning platform comprises 26 video training modules, encompassing over 20 hours of instruction, alongside a comprehensive student workbook.
- In-Person: Consider participating in an upcoming 3-Day In-Person CDLP® Workshop!
- Testing: The CDLP® certification exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions with a passing score of 80. This exam is administered online after completing the CDLP® course.
Maintaining Your Designation
- Upon completing the CDLP® course, your designation is valid for one year, after which you must maintain an active membership with the Divorce Lending Association. Membership.
- To ensure ongoing competence in tax codes, legislation, and other evolving developments in the field of divorce mortgage planning, you must complete two (2) hours of continuing education provided by the Divorce Lending Association each year (included with your membership).
Your Path to Success | CDLP® Coaching and Marketing
Unlock your potential with CDLP® Coaching and Marketing for Accelerated Success – a suite of premium enhancements designed to fast-track your journey towards excellence. Each option is expertly crafted to amplify your abilities, streamline your path, and elevate your achievements, ensuring you're always a step ahead in the race to success as a CDLP®.
Membership Benefits Included with CDLP® Certification
Your annual membership with the Divorce Lending Association offers you many tools and resources for success, including:
- Inclusion in the CDLP® Member Directory
- Access to a vibrant and private community forum
- Weekly CDLP® Group Coaching Calls
- Ongoing updates, including annual Continuing Education
- Access to Divorce Mortgage Planning Tools and Resources including the CDLP® Divorce Mortgage Planning and Real Property Detail Report.
CDLP® Coaching and Marketing Add-On
We offer two levels of coaching and marketing for our CDLP® members | Platinum and Gold. Each coaching level offers:
- A multitude of marketing collateral, both digital and physical.
- Dedicated CDLP® CRM for automated delivery of monthly educational articles and marketing.
- An entire library of CDLP® branded marketing collateral and infographics you can personalize with your contact information.
- Use weekly social media posts to share with your audience.
- You can also present many of our partner presentations as Continuing Legal Education for your attorney partners and Continuing Education for other partners, such as financial planners, mediators, etc.
- You will also benefit from an expanded member profile in the CDLP® directory which integrated directly with CRM marketing.
Our Platinum Coaching level offers 4:1 hybrid coaching for practical application of CDLP® knowledge and processes. This coaching differs significantly from your standard ‘make 40 calls per week’. Our coaching is progressive learning and scaling. This coaching level also benefits from consumer and partner leads when available. 4:1 groups meet for 1 hour each month.
- Gold Level Coaching is currently $149 monthly.
- Platinum Level Coaching is currently $249 monthly.
CDLP® coaching and marketing requires a six-month commitment and can be added to your membership after CDLP® certification.
CDLP® Business Development Coaching Add-On
Developed from decades of success, this self-paced recorded coaching program is a four-step process to make launching and scaling your divorce mortgage planning practice as a CDLP® smoother and more manageable. We have incorporated significant CDLP® marketing collateral and a meeting presentation to help you open doors to get your initial meetings and deliver a referrable message showcasing the value you bring to the divorce team as a Certified Divorce Lending Professional.
Business Development is a different process than sales and marketing. It is a systematic approach of proven messaging and tactics to help you scale from mortgage professional to trusted advisor as a Divorce Mortgage Planner.
Step One: Planning and Prepping Your Divorce Mortgage Planning Practice
- Preparing Your CDLP® Marketing Collateral
- Building Your Audience and Knowing Your Numbers
- CDLP® Unique Selling Proposition - USP
Step Two: Opening Doors and Getting the Appointment
- The Warm Referral and The Cold Approach
- Scheduling the Meeting and Making the Initial Call
- Cold Approach and the CDLP® 10|20 Process
Step Three: Handling the Initial Meeting
- Delivering a Referrable Message and Managing the Meeting
- The Initial Partner Meeting Presentation
Step Four: The Follow Up Process
- Nurturing the Relationship
- Bonus Conversation from Successful CDLP®s
The marketing collateral used in the CDLP® Business Development program is unique to this program and differs from the collateral in coaching and marketing programs.
A one-time cost of $595 can be added after CDLP® completion or at registration for a discount.
CDLP® Marketing Power Pack Add-On
The CDLP® Marketing Power Pack is a comprehensive toolkit designed to supercharge the marketing efforts for CDLP®s not participating in any coaching and marketing levels.
This Power Pack includes a minimum of 21 of our top-performing marketing resources, including:
- Strategic Partner Presentation PowerPoint: A professionally crafted presentation that simplifies collaborating with key partners in the divorce industry, helping you communicate your expertise and value effectively.
- Education Articles: In our ever-evolving field, staying informed is crucial. These articles provide timely insights and educational content that can be shared with clients and partners, showcasing your commitment to knowledge and guidance.
- Additional Marketing Collateral includes various marketing materials, from brochures to social media graphics, saving you time and effort and ensuring consistency with your messaging and branding.
A one-time cost of $395 can be added after CDLP® completion or at registration for a discount.