For anyone considering working with family law professionals and divorcing homeowners, service to others must be your highest calling. You will be in a unique position to make a difference, and to positively impact a significant number of people at a challenging time in their lives.
Making a difference in people’s lives, and having a positive impact, means appreciating how intrinsic and personal divorce determinations are to our clients. Family law proceedings have the potential to affect relationships at the most fundamental level and Housing is the fundamental basis of stability and security for an individual or family.
Whether representing clients as an attorney, financial planner, Certified Divorce Lending Professional, or divorce real estate expert - what you do can have long-lasting consequences on others. Focusing your career on working with family law professionals and divorcing homeowners will open up many opportunities to make a difference in people’s lives.
Having worked with family law professionals and divorcing homeowners for the past 25+ years, Jody Bruns has seen first hand the unintentional damage caused by professionals in both the real estate and mortgage professions. Although unintentional, it simply happens because there is not a full understanding of the very complex nature of divorce including the legal, financial, and emotional impact it has.
The reason we provide this workshop is to help both real estate and mortgage professionals see that there is much more involved than selling real estate and closing mortgage loans.
Breaking Down the Family Law Numbers
There are 9 divorces per 1,000 population in the United States with an estimated 70% of all divorces involving real property.
What these numbers really mean?
An estimated 1.685M divorces in the United States in 2023 which will involve real property. Given there are two spouses in every divorce, there are 3.369M divorcing homeowners who need the help of knowledgable professionals who understand the intersection between divorce, financial and tax planning, real property, and mortgage financing.
Family law proceedings have the potential to affect relationships at the most fundamental level. Housing is a fundamental basis of stability and security for individuals and families. However you represent clients going through a divorce, what you do can have long-lasting consequences.
Join Jody Bruns, President and Founder of the Divorce Lending Association for an eye-opening workshop laying out the opportunities available and the risks involved partnering with family law professionals.
3 Key Takeaways:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the opportunities and players in family law.
- Break down the anatomy of a divorce, real property, and mortgage planning.
- Implement a strategic business plan for building a presence partnering with family law professionals.
Education and knowledge is key!
When you are considering the opportunities of partnering with family law professionals, you should also understand the risks that are involved.
Partnering with Family Law Professionals is a self-paced online course containing 3 hours of instruction!
Lesson 1: Family Law Insights
- The breakdown of the family law industry
- The anatomy of divorce including timelines and opportunities
- Sub-groups including grey and military divorces
Lesson 2: Divorce & Real Estate
- Dividing real property in a divorce
- Determing the value of real property - should you use an appraisal or a CMA?
- Protect your license by undertanding specific Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
Lesson 3: Building a Family Law Presence
- Identify the three most common methods for building a family law presence in real estate and divorce mortgage planning
BONUS: Integrating Divorce Mortgage Planning into Case Management
- This is a BONUS replay of a live workshop with over 200 family law professionals on Integrating Divorce Mortgage Planning into their Case Management.
This workshop is a must for real estate industry professionals who know there is an opportunity in this space but want to learn more about the opportunities in divorce real estate.
3-Hour Online Training Course