As a Certified Divorce Lending Professional, (CDLP®), I focus my practice on helping divorcing homeowners make a more informed decision regarding their home equity solutions and the divorce team identify any potential conflicts between the divorce settlement, the mortgage, and the real property.
I am a Licensed Residential Mortgage Loan Officer with 35 years of experience who has a vast underwriting experience to help address your situation in arriving at an informed and favorable decision concerning your home financing requirements. As a CDLP®, I help divorcing homeowners come to terms regarding their home equity solutions by understanding the connection and conflicts between Divorce and Family law, IRS tax rules and mortgage underwriting. Nothing takes the place of hard work and experience. There are no shortcuts in this business. I will help you with your options and solutions whether you need an Equity Buy-Out to acquire your soon-to-be ex-spouse’s ownership interest or be able to purchase a new one once the divorce is final.
Some of the common questions that I see and help address include:
• Is it possible for me to purchase a new home if I am still obligated on the mortgage to the marital home?
• Can I use spousal support and/or child support for qualifying income on a mortgage?
• I am receiving a lump sum payment rather than monthly support. How can I qualify for a mortgage?
• I am obligated to pay monthly support, how will that hurt me if I am trying to obtain mortgage financing?
• I must refinance the current mortgage into my name, can I pay off debt at the same time?
Feel free to use me as a resource and download my Consumer Workbook or reach out directly with any questions. You can also schedule a time to talk directly by clicking on the link below:
Connect with us on social: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-king-1707a5a/